Love it or hate it, email appears to be here to stay, and for many small business owners, it is a key form of communication between them and their customers. According to Hubspot, more than 306 billion emails are sent per day and 64% of small businesses use email marketing.
Common Thoughts on Email Marketing
When people talk about email marketing, many think only of email newsletters sent from platforms like MailChimp. Email marketing is, actually, any email exchange designed to share information about your business.
Every interaction is a chance to market your business, and a free option that is frequently overlooked is the use of an email signature.
What is an Email Signature?
An email signature appears at the end of your email and allows you to automate appending information about yourself and your business. Once you create an email signature, each time you create an email, it will appear at the end of your email text.
Three Benefits of a Great Email Signature
- It can be done without cost.
- It is a non-spammy way to provide information about your company.
- It provides valuable information, like your phone number, that helps people reach out immediately when the interaction prompts them to connect further.
What to include in your Email Signature?
The most critical information for your email signature is your name, what you do, and contact information. Other items include:
- Your headshot – The real estate industry has always understood the power of including your picture in your marketing. It helps people remember you and connect with you.
- Phone number – Don’t limit your contact information to an email address. Provide your business phone number. The easier you make it for people to contact you in a form they prefer, the more likely they are to do it. Create a business phone number using a virtual phone service provider like Google voice so you can present a professional voicemail when needed.
- Social Media links – if you’re active on social, let people know where to find you.
- Link to your Website – You might want to link directly to your services or products page making it easy for people to find the specifics of what you are offering instead of starting on your main home page.
How to Create an Email Signature
Most email readers, including Gmail, have options to create an email signature in their settings. In Gmail, go to your Settings, and on the General tab, scroll down until you find the option Email Signature. This allows you to create and format an email signature with an editor that makes it easy to add an image and links.
View a video on How to Create Your Email Signature in Gmail, see my email signature, and share yours with me at https://SimpleSolutionstoBuildYourBusiness.com/emailsignature