What are your business goals for 2023? Are you ready to jump in and make sure you achieve what you want to in the next year? Give yourself the best chance for success by following a Plan > Execute > Succeed formula.
Think of your business goals for 2023 like you’re going to take a Road Trip. For a successful trip you need to decide where you want to go, map your route, then get in your car and drive.
Step 1 – Define Your Goals
Until you know what you want to achieve, it’s hard to set about doing so. It’s like getting ready for a Road Trip without deciding on a destination.
Define your goals for 2023 and be specific about what you want.
- How much money do you want to make?
- How many new customers/clients do you want to attract?
- What new products or services do you want to provide?
Step 2 – Create Your Plan
- Define what you need to do to achieve your goals.
- Describe How and When you are going to complete what you need to do to achieve your goals.
- Add these to a calendar. Start with a high-level view of what you should do each month, then look at what needs to happen quarterly. Each month, you’ll then want to make this more granular defining what should happen weekly and daily.
Step 3 – Start Executing
Planning is important so you know where you want to go and what you need to do, but the magic happens in the execution. You can plan the most beautiful Road Trip, but until you get in the car and get on the road, you’ll never get anywhere.
In his book Triggers, Marshall Goldsmith describes the difference between people who are planners versus doers. The challenge for many is that they are good at planning but don’t take the next step to doing.
Once you have created your plan at the daily level, make sure you are doing what is needed each day. If possible, work with a friend, business associate, or coach to hold yourself accountable for your progress.
Adjust for Detours as Needed
Even the best plans may have detours along the way, just as you may find road closures with detours while driving. The key is to recognize the road block, take the detour and get back on track.
Finally – Arrive at Your Destination
If you successfully define, plan, and execute appropriately, you have the best chance of completing your goals for 2023 to arrive at your destination and enjoy the view.
For more information, visit KimShivler.com/Plan2023